solidworks Understanding K-Factor Bending calculations using K-Factor CSWP Sheet Metal.SOLIDWORKS sheet metal tools are relatively straight forward, but may not be clearly understood. In sheet metal, there is a powerful bend constant known as the K-Factor. It ultimately allows you to estimate the amount of stretch without knowing what type of material you are bending. In practical terms, it’s just a generic bend allowance to use when you don’t know the process or machine that is going to be used to bend the sheet. I’d like to review K-Factor and how K-Factor applies to your sheet metal designs. Here is a book definition of K-factor:
K-Factor– A constant determined by dividing the thickness of the sheet by the location of the neutral axis, which is the part of sheet metal that does not change length. So if the thickness of the sheet was a distance of T = 1 mm and the location of the neutral axis was a distance of t = 0.5 mm measured from the inside bend, then you would have a K-Factor of t/T = 0.5/1 = 0.5.
Now let’s take a look at an example of K-Factor. Let’s presume you are creating a sheet metal part in SOLIDWORKS. Let’s start out with a sketch of 10 mm by 10 mm. Once you activate the base flange tool, you have an available list of parameters you need to specify to determine how sheet metal is going to stretch.
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Premium is powerful solid modeling computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) program especially for creating 2D or 3D models. It has all the latest designing tools and features that help the designers in designing single components, incredibly complex equipment, or even entire facilities and turn ideas into higher quality products. There are new powerful modeling tools are there in this version. These helps the designers to design faster, easier modeling with fewer picks and clicks.
You can buy solidworks program at low price and other solidworks tutorials.Everything you need to learn what’s new, including tech tips, demos, and upcoming product webinars.
- solidworks methods for changing single bends Modifying individual bends
- solidworks create flat patterns with the correct K-Factors
- solidworks how to work with dimensions equations to update parts
- solidworks Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing and building parts from them
- solidworks Sheet metal use of the cut list properties and location
- solidworks use Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- learn solidworks flat pattern command and features
- solidworks methods for folding and unfolding parts
- solidworks how forming tools are built and used in Sheet Metal Design
- solidworks how create Sketched bend Sheet Metal Design
- Introduction solidworks Sketched bend feature Sheet Metal
- solidworks Jog feature common errors and how it is used Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how jog works Sheet Metal
- solidworks understanding Jog feature Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how Hem works Sheet Metal