learn solidworks how jog works Sheet Metal .The jog feature in sheet metal is yet another tool that simplifies design features. Many times a 2 bend step is required for mounting, to avoid other features, or create a simple wall and using the jog feature combines them into one item.This is a huge help considering that all sheet metal parts must be flattened. If there is a limited amount of material available the jog feature (with Fix Project Length cleared) will lock in this design intent. Skip this step and solidworks will still let you design a part, and even flatten a part which can not be created. Take a look at the images below, see something wrong? You should. This part can not be created from a single flat sheet of material, look at how the flat patten overlaps itself.
Above I’ve taken a tab that would have caused interference and moved it while still keeping it’s length in one direction. The alternative to using the jog feature here would be to Cut>Edge Flange/Tab>Edge Flange Tab or Cut>Miter Flange the part. Even though the jog feature is system intensive on the rebuild the relations required to capture the design intent are much easier to input using a jog and it keeps the total feature count down.
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Premium is powerful solid modeling computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) program especially for creating 2D or 3D models. It has all the latest designing tools and features that help the designers in designing single components, incredibly complex equipment, or even entire facilities and turn ideas into higher quality products. There are new powerful modeling tools are there in this version. These helps the designers to design faster, easier modeling with fewer picks and clicks.
You can buy solidworks program at low price and other solidworks tutorials.Everything you need to learn what’s new, including tech tips, demos, and upcoming product webinars.
- solidworks methods for changing single bends Modifying individual bends
- solidworks create flat patterns with the correct K-Factors
- solidworks how to work with dimensions equations to update parts
- solidworks Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing and building parts from them
- solidworks Sheet metal use of the cut list properties and location
- solidworks use Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- learn solidworks flat pattern command and features
- solidworks methods for folding and unfolding parts
- solidworks how forming tools are built and used in Sheet Metal Design
- solidworks how create Sketched bend Sheet Metal Design
- Introduction solidworks Sketched bend feature Sheet Metal
- solidworks Jog feature common errors and how it is used Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how jog works Sheet Metal
- solidworks understanding Jog feature Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how Hem works Sheet Metal