solidworks methods for folding and unfolding parts.When creating sheet metal parts there might be times when you need to unfold a piece of sheet metal, do some type of an operation, and then refold that same shape. Now let me give you a couple examples. Over here you can see I've got this cut. And if I take a look at this one here you can see I'm just cutting a little triangle off that corner. When I exit out of that sketch you can see up here that this is a square cut, 'cause I have Normal Cut turned on. If I go over here to that feature itself edit the feature, you can see I have Normal Cut turned on here. If you turn that off you can actually bevel this corner here and that's gonna be really hard to create unless you're cutting this after the fact.
But if you're cutting it in the flat state more than likely you're gonna need to turn on that Normal Cut to get a shape that looks like this. Once you have that shape there you can click on Sheet Metal, click on Flatten. And you can see what it's gonna look like in the flattened state. Let's go ahead and fold that back up.
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Premium is powerful solid modeling computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) program especially for creating 2D or 3D models. It has all the latest designing tools and features that help the designers in designing single components, incredibly complex equipment, or even entire facilities and turn ideas into higher quality products. There are new powerful modeling tools are there in this version. These helps the designers to design faster, easier modeling with fewer picks and clicks.
You can buy solidworks program at low price and other solidworks tutorials.Everything you need to learn what’s new, including tech tips, demos, and upcoming product webinars.
- solidworks methods for changing single bends Modifying individual bends
- solidworks create flat patterns with the correct K-Factors
- solidworks how to work with dimensions equations to update parts
- solidworks Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing and building parts from them
- solidworks Sheet metal use of the cut list properties and location
- solidworks use Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- learn solidworks flat pattern command and features
- solidworks methods for folding and unfolding parts
- solidworks how forming tools are built and used in Sheet Metal Design
- solidworks how create Sketched bend Sheet Metal Design
- Introduction solidworks Sketched bend feature Sheet Metal
- solidworks Jog feature common errors and how it is used Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how jog works Sheet Metal
- solidworks understanding Jog feature Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how Hem works Sheet Metal