solidworks use Convert to Sheet Metal tool.The Solidworks Convert to Sheet Metal tool is very, very powerful. It allows us to take an existing shape and turn it into a sheet metal part. Now generally I recommend not using Convert to Sheet Metal. If you have the option, it's better to start with a sheet metal part from the beginning and create it from there. However, if you already have an existing part, or if you're on the exam, and they give you a part to download and then create a sheet metal part around we need to use that Convert to Sheet Metal tool. To do that, go ahead and open up the 2.15 sample part here and go over to Convert Sheet Metal.
And at the very top of the part here, I can say I'd like to select a fixed face. In this case here, I like to choose the top surface. All right, and notice it does show a little piece of sheet metal now sticking on the top surface there. I can adjust the thickness as well. I can reverse the thickness to push it either inside the part or outside the part. And I do have the ability to keep this body if I'd like to.
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Premium is powerful solid modeling computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) program especially for creating 2D or 3D models. It has all the latest designing tools and features that help the designers in designing single components, incredibly complex equipment, or even entire facilities and turn ideas into higher quality products. There are new powerful modeling tools are there in this version. These helps the designers to design faster, easier modeling with fewer picks and clicks.
You can buy solidworks program at low price and other solidworks tutorials.Everything you need to learn what’s new, including tech tips, demos, and upcoming product webinars.
- solidworks methods for changing single bends Modifying individual bends
- solidworks create flat patterns with the correct K-Factors
- solidworks how to work with dimensions equations to update parts
- solidworks Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing and building parts from them
- solidworks Sheet metal use of the cut list properties and location
- solidworks use Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- learn solidworks flat pattern command and features
- solidworks methods for folding and unfolding parts
- solidworks how forming tools are built and used in Sheet Metal Design
- solidworks how create Sketched bend Sheet Metal Design
- Introduction solidworks Sketched bend feature Sheet Metal
- solidworks Jog feature common errors and how it is used Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how jog works Sheet Metal
- solidworks understanding Jog feature Sheet Metal
- learn solidworks how Hem works Sheet Metal